Skincare is an essential part of our lives. We spend a good amount of time thinking, worrying and trying to learn how to take care of our skin. Skin is precious to us as it directly shapes the way we feel and see ourselves. It is a great confidence booster to have clear and perfect skin. Our age, skin type, weather conditions, diet, skin care products, health and daily routine – all contribute to our skin health. While skincare products are essential to maintain healthy and balanced skin, it is more important to first understand our skin type - what works for us and what doesn’t. A range of natural skin care products and brands are available in the market today and they all offer promising results. The number of options can be overwhelming and confusing which may lead us to making the wrong choice for ourselves.
Now, this is where professionals like skincare specialists and dermatologists come in to help us in making the right choice. One’s own research and knowledge can also make a lot of difference and be of immense help. Organic and natural skincare products have been around in the market for a while but are now gaining momentum because of their effectiveness.
Choosing organic skincare products takes an extra step. There is a bit of research that needs to be done but it is worth it. Here are 5 reasons why it is worth searching out organic and plant-based skincare products:
- Safest and healthiest ingredients for your skin and body: Naturally, we can never willingly expose our skin to harmful or harsh chemical-based products. Skincare products can be made of a number of chemical ingredients that are skin and health irritants - including parabens, carcinogens and allergens.
- Noticeable difference in the tone and texture of your skin: Skincare practices that are natural and organic have shown transformative results. Skin responds to natural and soft treatments faster.
- Contributing to the environment: By using natural products for your skin, hair and body, we not only do ourselves a favor but we also help in giving back to nature. Beauty products may contain toxic ingredients which get washed down the pipes and disrupt the ecosystem.
- Healthy alternatives: These products are certainly a healthy option in all aspects. Some harmful chemicals used in beauty products can cause long-term damage to consumers’ skin, hair and overall health.
We have established and pointed out a few top reasons for choosing natural products for your skin. As you know, there are multiple benefits of using natural skincare products for all skin types. These products are a rich source of vitamins, antioxidants, essential oils, proteins, bioactive compounds and more.
There are a number of ways to look after your skin as many organic skincare products and their variants are available to us. We have some tips and tricks that will help you get the radiant and healthy skin you desire.
1. Avoid exfoliation beads and abrasive ingredients - Harsh ingredients like plastic microbeads, apricot pits, salt, sugar, grits or coffee grounds should never be used on the face. They can cause irritation to delicate skin. Microbeads also disturb the aquatic ecosystem.
2. Always wash your face in the morning and at night - Our face is a magnet for dirt, grime and bacteria. There is no reason to let it linger on your skin. If we do, it may clog pores and cause acne or lead to the skin to being abnormally oily. Wash your face in the morning and at night with a gentle cleanser to keep your skin clean. It is especially an important skincare routine for oily skin. A natural face cleanse product can be chosen as per your skin type and used regularly for good results.
3. Exfoliate longer - When exfoliating, you don’t want to scrub hard. Scrub longer instead for a deeper cleanse. Wet your face and apply an exfoliating scrub using your fingertips in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water and finish off with natural skincare products like hydrating serum and moisturizer.
4. Layer your products correctly - After cleansing your face in the morning, the easiest way to remember the order in which to layer your products is to start with the lightest to the heaviest. Use your serum first, then a moisturizer and cap it off with sunscreen. Use best natural skin care products that compliment your skin and health.
5. Cut back on sugar and dairy products - Sugar can cause the skin to be inflexible and dairy can cause redness and inflammation. Limiting sugar and dairy will clear up some of the skin issues you have been struggling with.
6. Add SPF – Your day moisturizer must have SPF to protect your skin against tanning and other harmful effects of UV rays that cause serious damage. Most organic products for skin include SPF and are recommended for good results and UV protection.
7. Avoid stress – Taking stress can have a long-term impact on your skin. Dark circles, acne, pale skin are signs that you could be taking a lot of stress. Meditation, yoga, exercise can help beat day to day stress out of our daily lives and keep our skin radiant. Sleeping properly also plays a crucial role in our skin health. Naturbon’s eye cream and night creams can leave your skin feeling nourished.
8. Boost your skin with a hydrating serum - A serum is a concentrated source of an active ingredient that penetrates into your skin quickly. Clinical studies show incorporating serum into your skincare regimen can increase hydration.
At Naturbon, we aim to provide skincare products enriched with highly organic and all-natural ingredients to rejuvenate the skin. Our range includes face creams, serums, masks and other body and hair care products.